Sunday, June 18, 2017

I made it

With a minor change of plans, today was the last leg of my trip. Shortly after leaving my sister's house I saw a sign that I hadn't seen since leaving NC, QT my favorite gas station/rest stop. So I has to stop in and get a frozen drink, sadly since I wasn't in the South, there was no Cheerwine slushie, but it was still refreshing as I drove thru the desert. So I headed north toward Flagstaff where I spent an extended rest stop because the car was struggling again, after I spent a while at O'Reillys trying to find a mechanic that was open on a Saturday afternoon I gave up and decided to risk it.
Even though it was mostly bare rock driving thru the reservation was quite beautiful. But the most beautiful part of my entire trip was driving thru Southern Utah, the trees and mountains were breath taking. Since I decided to finish the trip without the last planned stop, I ended up driving after dark which I was a little worried over, but didn't become a problem. Armed with a bag of doritos and a Coke I continued on with a short stop in Beaver to stretch my legs I managed to get in around midnight.
And so ends my trip across the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment