I knew this was my longest scheduled day of driving, so I was up and our the door by 6:45. Having repaired my cargo carrier by sewing instead of duct tape, which didn't hold the day before. I headed into the rolling hills west of San Antonio, a beautiful area with a 80 mph speed limit. The most interesting thing to me about that speed limit is that many people were driving under it and not seeing if they can get away with going over/how fast can they go, which many times seems to be the standard/norm in NC.
So I discovered that Texas is not truly part of the South, they have no Bojangles, which I really wanted a good Sausage egg and cheese biscuit with bo rounds, but no luck, and I just could not bring myself to stop at McDonald's, so after a couple hours of driving I settled for a Walmart. Where I got some nectarines. Which was a bad idea because they made my mouth feel weird. But onward and upward. Another thing I have discovered is regional menus at fast food places, apparently taco bell only has the loaded taco burrito in our region at home and Dairy Queen has has Tacos in Texas. But enough about the junk I have eaten.
Once I got to New Mexico I realized if I took about a 5 mile detour I could stop in Roswell, so I did. Yes Alien stuff is there but not as much as I thought there would be, overall it looked like a normal town. But after I left there is when things got interesting, I managed to get myself thoroughly into the Middle of nowhere, about 73 miles south of i40, by what the GPS said, when my car decides to loose power and cut off, the only explanation was the engine light came on, so I am stuck on the side of the road in rattlesnake country with no cell phone and people changing lanes to avoid me but no one stopped. So after several prayers I got back in the car it started right up and I kept driving, once I made the next gas stop and filled up, the engine light went off. So not really sure what happened but I was definitely being watched out for. But I plan on getting the car checked out this morning before I head to Arizona. And my cargo carrier is struggling it is not going to have another trip after I get to Utah.
Friday, June 16, 2017
The longest day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment